Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

My top 5 favourite lip balms.



  1. My number 1 has got to be the JASON Lips Bee Healthier. I use this as a sort of night treatment on my lips as even the littlest wipe over your lips can end up super thick. Its very hydrating, is made from aloe and beeswax & it smells like after eights so tastes good too! And for £1.99 its a bargain!
  2. Number 2 is the Elemis fresh skin loving lips lip balm. The consistency once on is very similar to the JASON one but I tend to wear this all through the day as it doesn't last as long on your lips. Its hydrating again and has a gorgeous peppermint scent to it (I do like mint!) but coming in at £8 a pop its obviously not the cheapest.
  3. Number 3 is my beloved The body shop born lippy in watermelon. I have used this for years and I find that they last forever! Its a very thick, sticky, gloopy consistency but it smells divine! This is the one I always find in my coat pocket or at the bottom of my bag. And for £2 it doesn't break the bank.
  4. Number 4 is my Nivea Soft Rose lip balm. I always put this on under any lipstick, to look you would think it was a tinted balm but its not. its got a very sort of velvety/silky finish to it and doesn't feel like you have any on which I like! The scent for me is what I describe as floral candy? im not that keen to be honest but it doesn't affect me using it! These do retail at around £1.50-£2 but I actually found this in my local poundland so was pretty chuffed!
  5. Lastly at number 5 is the Figs & Rouge balm. This is 100% organic (its always nice to know your not putting crap on yourself!) and it claims to be an all over body balm, not just your lips. this is a nice balm but the scent really puts me off as it smells like rose (I'm not a big rose scent lover) but I do put it on my elbows and it works a treat for my dry skin. I did receive this in a glossy box but it retails for around £3.50 normally. To be brutally honest I don't think I would repurchase but I may look into they're other products. 

I hope these mini reviews help and around this time of year we need them as its normally dry lip city!

Thanks for reading! xxx

0 comments: